Following on the success of our first two Girls Only Training Nights where nearly 400 young ladies attended extra skills training, Sutherland Shire Football Association would like to invite any lady coaches or aspiring coaches to attend our first Ladies Only Coaching Course.
Course Details: Skills Training Certificate (14 hours – i.e. 4 X 3.5 hour sessions)
When: Wednesdays July 23, 30, August 6,13.
Where: Harrie Dening Football Centre, Bates Drive Kareela (off Princes Hwy)
Aimed at Coaches of 9-13 year olds.
If you are coaching in these age groups you will find the information on this course invaluable. The course is largely practical in nature so you will get to experience first-hand some of the latest methods and techniques used in the FFA National Curriculum. You will also receive FFA recognised accreditation and an opportunity to meet fellow coaches with similar objectives. Also courses will be presented by Jon Long (SSFA Football Manager).
Much of these courses are practical and most of the work is done in groups and the main role of the presenter is to ensure each candidate understands the course – we will help you to get your coaching qualification in a friendly inclusive environment.
Coaches associated with SSFA clubs may have the cost subsidized by their respective club – check with your club. If you are not subsidized by your club you will need to pay either on-line in person or over the phone prior to the first day of the course. Contact SSFA Office on 9542-3577 for further information.
What do you need to do to register and prepare for the course?
- Register online via the link http://myfootballclub.com.au/index.php?id=126
- Click here to access the appropriate course manual (or via www.footballnsw.com.au/resources)
Ensure you click on the correct course and location (i.e. Skill Training at Sutherland Shire Football Assoc – Location is Kareela)
What do you need to bring to the course?
- Suitable attire to actively participate in practical sessions – this includes suitable footwear (boots if desired) , shin guards, wet weather gear and towel
- Writing materials, drink bottles – tea and coffee making facilities are available
- Coaches associated with SSFA affiliated Clubs will be given priority. Participants will be advised (via email) of their acceptance to the Course as soon as numbers are finalised.