Sutherland Shire Football Association (SSFA) advises that trials for the Women’s Premier League (WPL) Teams and the Girls Junior Academy Squads (including the Girls FNSW SAP squads) will be conducted at Harrie Dening Centre, Bates Drive, Kareela.
- FNSW will be operating competitions for Women’s Representative Football in the following age groups: U13, U15, U17, Reserve and First grade across three Leagues (WPL1, WPL2 and WSL).
- The SSFA Girls Academy is a skill based training program that follows the FFA National Curriculum and is part of the FFA/ FNSW pathway for talented players.
- SSFA will also augment the SSFA WPL and Academy by involvement in the FNSW Girls Skills Acquisition Program (GSAP): for U10 and U12 age groups. The GSAP structure has recently been reviewed by FNSW and SSFA will now operate a full time program in 2017.
Trials have been set down for the following weeks by FNSW:
WPL2 trials will commence on Sunday 30 October and will need to be completed by Friday 11 November.
Players interested in trialing are requested to complete (and submit) the below to Register their attendance at the trials.
Note that Players trialling/selected for the Academy squads/programs and GSAP will be required to meet residential and/or playing eligibility requirements as stipulated by FNSW and the SSFA (as noted below).
The SSFA will be conducting programs in the following Age Groups:
- U9 Girls Academy
- U10 Girls Academy/GSAP
- U11 Girls Academy
- U12 Girls Academy/GSAP
- U13 Girls Academy
- U13 Girls WPL Representative team
- U14/15 Girls Academy
- U15 Girls WPL Representative team
- U17 Girls WPL Representative team
- First and Reserve Grade (Opens) WPL Representative teams
Eligibility Criteria for the SSFA Academy is as follows:
- Players must return to and maintain registration at their 2016 club in 2017 if that Club has an A or B Grade team in that Players Age Group or if they played in an older age group and have an A or B Grade team in that Older Age Group (subject to possible alteration – this web page will be updated accordingly).
- The player must be registered with an SSFA club whilst participating in the SSFA Academy.
- Must meet current eligibility rules for Registration (in accordance with SSFA Rule 4.D) at the time of trialling.
- Age restrictions do apply for Academy participation. That is, players must be turning the age of the SSFA Academy in which they are participating.
Failure to meet these guidelines will result in a loss of Academy place.
Coaches appointed to the WPL and GSAP teams are as follows:
- Senior Squad (1st & Reserve Grade): Head/ 1st Grade Coach- Michael McGovern, Squad/ Reserve Grade – Mark Greenfield.
- Under 17 Girls: Head Coach- Steve Brown, Assistant Coach- Nicole Besz
- Under 15 Girls: Head Coaches- Morgan Maxwell, Jessica Ellis, Brittany Christie, Assistant Coach- Jon Long
- Under 13 Girls: Head Coach- Geoff Gidney, Assistant Coach- Georgia Manos
- Under 10 & 12 GSAP Head Coach: Jonathan Dmoch, Assistant Coaches – Gen Nisbet, Raegan Deeley, Zoe Yeats
Trial Dates & Times
Specific times and dates for each age group are noted below.
Players must attend all ‘open trials’ in order to maximize exposure to the selectors. Invitation Only trials will be restricted to only those players invited to attend (lists will be published on the SSFA website).
Sunday October 30 (open to everyone)
9.00am – 10.30pm 12’s and 13’s Girls Reps & SSFA Academy (born 2005 & 2004)
11.00pm –12.30pm 14’s and 15’s Girls Reps & SSFA Academy (born 2003 & 2002)
1.00pm – 3.00pm 17’s Girls Reps (born 2001 & 2000)
3.00pm -5.00pm Women’s 1st & Reserve Grade (Open age group)
Monday October 31 (open to everyone)
5.30pm – 7.00pm 9’s and 10’s Girls SAP and SSFA Academy (born 2008 & 2007)
7.00pm – 8.30pm 11’s Girls SSFA Academy (born 2006)
Tuesday November 1 (open to everyone)
5.30pm- 7.00pm 12’s and 13’s Girls Reps/SAP & SSFA Academy (born 2005 & 2004)
7.00pm- 8.30pm 14’s and 15’s Girls Reps & SSFA Academy (born 2003 & 2002)
Thursday November 3 (open to everyone)
5.30pm – 7.00pm 17’s Girls Reps (born 2001 & 2000)
7.00pm – 8.30pm Women’s 1st & Reserve Grade (Open)
Sunday November 6 (open to everyone)
1.00pm – 3.00pm 9’s,10’s & 11’s Girls SAP and SSFA Academy (born 2008, 2007, 2006)
3.00pm – 5.00pm Women’s 1st & Reserve Grade (Open)
Tuesday November 8 (invitation only – if needed)
5.30pm – 7.00pm 12’s and 13’s Girls Reps & GSAP/SSFA Academy
7.00pm – 8.30pm 14’s and 15’s Girls Reps & SSFA Academy
Wednesday November 9 (invitation only – if needed)
5.30pm – 7.00pm 17’s Girls Reps
7.00pm – 8.30pm Women’s 1st & Reserve Grade
Sunday November 13 (open to everyone – if needed)
9.00am – 11.00am 9’s and 10’s Girls SSFA Academy
11.00am – 1.00pm 11’s Girls SSFA Academy
1.00pm – 3.00pm 12’s and 13’s Girls SSFA Academy
3.00pm – 5.00pm 14/15’s Girls SSFA Academy
Bring Shin Pads, Water and Sunscreen.
No Representative (Sharks, St George, Met Far South, etc), Academy, FNSW/ SAP gear to be worn.
On line registration to trial has now closed. Players interested in trialling (i.e. those that have not registered on line) are requested to present themselves at least 20 minutes prior to the stated start time for their age group in order to complete the required documentation. Players will not be allowed to participate in the trials without completing the required documentation.