The end of the season is nearing and finals fever is starting to take hold. Competition teams placed in the first four positions of their table will compete in the Sutherland Shire Football Association’s (SSFA) Finals Series.
Over the weekend of 12th and 13th August, fourth placed teams will be drawn against third placed teams and second placed teams will be drawn to play minor premiers in the Semi-final of each competition. Minor Premiers in each grade will have the option to play the semi-finals for that grade at one of their club’s home fields. The draw for the semi-finals will be published as soon as results for the last round are known, input, published and the draw finalised (a very manual process when accommodating the minor premiers home ground advantage).
The subsequent week has been reserved for Finals (19 and 20 August) and the following week after that (26 and 27 August) has been reserved for Grand Finals. Note that the weekend of 2 and 3 September are spare days that may be used in the event that a Semi-final, final or grand final day is washed out.
All grounds are presently being reviewed to determine the most appropriate/ suitable fields for Hosting relevant Finals and Grand Finals. Notification of Grounds that are to be used will be provided subsequent to the review being completed (the decision to utilise a ground is subject to change at short notice and may depend upon the ongoing condition of the ground, safety concerns, or any other reason deemed appropriate).
The majority of Clubs have previously advised that they wish to Host Semi Finals at their grounds if a team is successful in gaining the Minor Premiership.
Players, Officials and Spectators should also note:
- Injury time, as required, shall be played in each game
- If, after extra time, a draw still results the team higher in the competition table shall be the winner
- The only persons inside the ropes (or inside the fences at Seymour Shaw Stadium, Harrie Dening Centre or the Kareela Synthetic fields) whilst games are in play are the players whose names appear on the match sheet, the Referee and Assistant Referees and the Coaches and Managers.
- All other persons should remain behind the ropes / boundary fence of the playing field.
- NO ALCOHOL is permitted to be brought into the grounds or the vicinity of the grounds at Seymour Shaw Stadium, Harrie Dening Centre or the Kareela Synthetic fields on either Saturday or Sunday of the Finals SeriesClubs are aware of these (and other) requirements and will have Ground Controllers on duty at each game.Here’s looking forward to a fantastic end to the season with some competitive and entertaining finals football.
Clubs are aware of these (and other) requirements and will have Ground Controllers on duty at each game.
Here’s looking forward to a fantastic end to the season with some competitive and entertaining finals football.