The level 1 Orientation to managing sports teams course is ideal for people interested in managing a
sports team at school or junior level, or find themselves in that role by choice or necessity. It can also be
used as the basis for learning to manage a sports team at more elite/regional levels. This course is very
suited for volunteers, parents, teachers and anyone involved in team sport.
The Course will be run at Harrie Dening Centre, Bates Drive, Kareela on Wednesday 17 October 2012.
Topics covered are:
· Roles and responsibilities of a sports team manager
· The junior sports environment, including building the history and culture of the sport
· Understanding child protection and anti-harassment policies
· Codes of behaviour in sport, including junior sport
· Understanding and working with athletes
· Being organised and the team managers toolkit
· Working with people and organisations
· Athlete nutrition.
All participants receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course.
For more details, please refer to the flyer and enrolment form.
Alternatively, information on this course will become available next week on our website using the following link:
Should you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact me anytime on the below details.
Development Officer, Central Region
Sport and Recreation Division
Office of Communities
Department of Education and Communities
T: (02) 9006 3710 F: (02) 9006 3883 M: 0411 205 088
Translation Service: 13 14 50