With rain having fallen overnight and the possibility of some rain over the weekend please find below a synopsis of the wet weather process for this weekend (Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 August).
1. Games will proceed if it is considered safe to do so.
2. Therefore (if required) it is expected that decisions will be made game by game. Once a game has commenced it is expected that the match will be completed; an Abandoned Game/ partially played match is not preferred.
3. If a host club, however, feels that their field is too dangerous for any further matches (or any matches) that day the field may be called out at the completion of the current game that is in play.
4. Clubs will contact the SSFA if a game or games are not to be played.
RESCHEDULING (if required)
5. The SSFA has the capacity (and prefers) to move any matches that are not played to a later time slot at an alternative field that same day. That is, where possible consideration will be given to reschedule matches to ensure they are played this weekend.
6. The SSFA does have the capacity to play Grand Finals on both Saturday 1 September and Sunday 2 September if a match is not able to be played this coming weekend. The weekend of 1 and 2 September has always been published as a spare finals weekend and therefore will be used if needed.
The full draw can be found at http://www.shirefootball.com/ssfixtures.asp
The SSFA would like to thank all players, coaches, managers, volunteers, referees, Sutherland Council, our Sponsors, our Clubs and all of the supporters for another fantastic year of football.
Best of luck to all participants this weekend.