The SSFA is excited to announce the second instalment of the:
SSFA 10-week Girls & Boys U8–U13 6 A-Side Football Competition
To ensure a 10-week competition is completed the SSFA is set to run the competition over two periods.
Period 1: 3 week block in 2021 – Sunday 5th December – 19th December- Break for Christmas
Period 2: 7 week block in 2022 – Sunday 30th January – 13th March.
Register your team now!
Looking for a team? Register as an individual player and we’ll find a team for you.
Individuals or Teams may register into one of the following age groups:
- Mixed U8-U10 (players turning 7 in 2021 can register for U8)
- Girls & Boys U11-U13
- Girls & Boys U14 – U14 Competition will be considered if there is sufficient interest from players in this age group Players born in 2007 that wish to participate in the U14 Competition are to send their Expression of Interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
- $100* per player for 10 weeks.
- (*To cover insurance an extra $5 will be charged to players who did not play club football in 2021.)
- All matches are played on a Sunday
- 20-minute halves with a 3 minute half time.
- All games will be played on the Kareela Synthetic Fields, Princes Highway, Kareela.
- There will be no cancellations due to wet weather.
- Matches that have been cancelled due to extreme weather conditions that may be harmful to participants and staff or other circumstances that are beyond the organisers control will be not be replayed.
- Register based upon the age player turns in 2021 except
- Current players participating in GSAP and SAP must register for the age group which is one year above the age they are turning in 2021 (EG. GSAP10 register in 6 Aside U11).
- Players wishing to play in the age group above must complete the Parental Consent Form. https://shirefootball.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/SSFA-Playing-Above-Age-Consent-Form-6-Aside-Football.pdf
- All players will register and pay individually online through PlayFootball.
When registering players will be able to select their Team by age group and name or select age group and “No Team” to be allocated to a team.
- Teams must have a minimum of 7 players and maximum of 10 players.
- Active Kids Vouchers may be used and must be redeemed online when registering in PlayFootball.
- Note: Obtain your Active Kids Voucher before you commence player registration. There are NO refunds issued on an Active Kids Voucher used.
- REFUNDS– There is a no refund policy for participants that withdraw from the competition after the first round of competition.
A No Refund policy also applies in the event the competition is cancelled partially or in its entirety due to the re-introduction of COVID restrictions.
- Players who register individually will be allocated to a team in their age group.
- Team Registrations will close at midnight 12/11/2021.
- Player Registrations will close at midnight 19/11/2021.
How to register
- Managers/Coordinators, please Register your team via the form provided at the bottom of this post – providing all requested information
- You will receive an email confirming your team’s registration and next step instructions for you to share with your team members.
- Teams may be requested to add individual players who are seeking a team.
Individual Player Registration
- All participants must register online via PlayFootball, see below links
- Players looking for a team are to register by clicking on the Register Here Link beside the applicable age group in the below table.
- Apply for your Active Kids Voucher before commencing online registration.
- Please select “No Team” from the Team Selection list while registering online.
- Players will be notified in due course of the Team Manager and Team that you have been allocated to, with your contact details sent directly to the Team Manager.
Available Age Groups and Proposed Game Times:
|Age Groups||Players Born in:||Proposed Game Times:|
|Mixed 8s||2013||8:00am||Register Here Link|
|Mixed 9s||2012||8:00am||Register Here Link|
|Mixed 10s||2011||9:00am||Register Here Link|
|W11||2010||9:00am||Register Here Link|
|U11||2010||10:00am||Register Here Link|
|W12||2009||10:00am||Register Here Link|
|U12||2009||11:00am||Register Here Link|
|W13||2008||11:00am||Register Here Link|
|U13||2008||12:00pm||Register Here Link|