Sutherland Shire Football Association (SSFA) advises that trials for the 2020 SSFA Association Youth League (AYL) Teams, the SSFA Boys Skills Acquisition Program (SAP) and the SSFA Boys Academy will be conducted at Harrie Dening Centre, Bates Drive, Kareela for the AYL age groups and at 5Sports, 125 The Boulevard, Caringbah for the SAP age groups.
• FNSW will be operating competitions for AYL in the following age groups: U13, U14, U15 and U16. The SSFA will be competing in the AYL with teams training and playing at Harrie Dening.
• FNSW will be operating the FNSW SAP for U12, U11, U10 and U9 age groups. The SAP teams will also represent the SSFA playing games on a weekly basis at Harrie Dening and training at 5Sports
• The SSFA will also augment the AYL and SAP programs with the SSFA Boys Academy – a skill based training program that follows the FFA National Curriculum and is part of the FFA/ FNSW pathway for talented players. **
Trial dates are as stated in the following post – refer the SSFA website (www.shirefootball.com) or https://shirefootball.com.au/ssfa-boys-ayl-sap-academy-trial-registration-for-2020-season-2/
Players interested in trialing are required to complete (and submit) the below from to Register their attendance at the trials. On line registration is COMPULSORY to participate in the trials.
Note that Players trialling/selected for the Academy program and the SAP will be required to meet residential and/or player eligibility requirements as stipulated by FNSW and the SSFA (as noted below).
The SSFA will be conducting programs in the following Age Groups:
• U9 Boys SAP & Academy
• U10 Boys SAP & Academy
• U11 Boys SAP & Academy
• U12 Boys SAP & Academy
• U13 Boys AYL & Academy
• U14 Boys AYL & Academy
• U15 Boys AYL & Academy
• U16 Boys AYL & Academy
Eligibility Criteria for the SSFA AYL and SAP are as follows:
• Players must reside within the Sutherland Shire to participate.
• Players must be turning the age of the SSFA AYL and SAP team in which they are participating (as determined by the age the player turns in 2020).
• Players selected in the AYL and SAP will not be permitted to register or play with a local club.
Failure to meet these guidelines will result in a loss of AYL or SAP place.
** The Boys Academy squads will train on Monday evenings at Kareela during the 2020 season following the same Core-Skill development program as the SSFA SAP and AYL squads with coaching from FFA qualified coaches.
They will also have access to participate in further football development sessions run jointly by SSFA & our SAP partner 5 Sports.
Academy players will still train & play with their local SSFA club & these extra development sessions are designed to provide an additional pathway for player development with excellent coaching at a reasonable cost.*
Details of Coaches appointed to the AYL and SAP teams will be advised subsequent to the SSFA coach application process being finalised.
Players must attend all ‘open trials’ in order to maximize exposure to the selectors.
The below form must be completed to be eligible for consideration for selection