Expression of Interest
Players interested in trialing are requested to complete (and submit) the below to Register their interest for attendance at the trials. On line registration is COMPULSORY to participate in the trials.
SSFA will be participating in the FNSW AYL and SAP competitions in the age groups listed below. The AYL and SAP teams representing the SSFA will be playing games and training at Harrie Dening Centre (or other sites as needed).
The SSFA will also augment the AYL and SAP programs with the SSFA Boys Academy – a skill based training program that follows the FFA National Curriculum and is part of the FFA/ FNSW/ SSFA pathway for talented players. **
Specific times and dates for each age group will be advised on the SSFA website (www.shirefootball.com) as soon as Leagues & Trial Windows are announced by FNSW.
Note that Players trialling/selected for the Academy squads/programs will be required to meet residential and/or playing eligibility requirements as stipulated by FNSW and the SSFA.
The SSFA will be conducting programs in the following Age Groups:
• Boys Academy U/8, U/9, U/10, U/11, U/12, U/13, U/14, U/15
• Boys SAP U/9, U/10, U/11, U/12
• Boys Association Youth League U/13, U/14, U/15, U/16
Eligibility Criteria for the SSFA Academy are as follows:
• Players must return to and maintain registration at their 2020 club in 2021 if that Club has an A or B Grade team in that Players Age Group or if they played in an older age group and have an A or B Grade team in that Older Age Group
• The player must be registered with an SSFA club whilst participating in the SSFA Academy.
• Must meet current eligibility rules for Registration (in accordance with SSFA Rule 4.D) at the time of trialing.
• Age restrictions do apply. That is, players must be turning the age of the SSFA Academy in which they are participating.
Failure to meet these guidelines will result in a loss of Academy place.
** The Boys Academy squads will train on Monday evenings at Kareela during the 2021 season following the same Core-Skill development program as the SSFA SAP and AYL squads with coaching from FFA qualified coaches.
They will also have access to participate in further football development sessions run jointly by SSFA in conjunction with our SAP and AYL programs.
Academy players will still train & play with their local SSFA club & these extra development sessions are designed to provide an additional pathway for player development with excellent coaching at a reasonable cost.