Sutherland Shire Football Association (SSFA) advises that trials for the 2020 FNSW Women’s Premier League (WPL) Teams, the FNSW Girls SAP (GSAP) and the SSFA Girls Junior Academy Squads will be conducted at Harrie Dening Centre, Bates Drive, Kareela.
• FNSW will be operating competitions for Women’s Premier League (WPL) in the following age groups: U14, U15, U17, Reserve and First grade
• FNSW will also be operating the FNSW Girls Skills Acquisition Program (GSAP): for U13, U12, U11 and U10 age groups. The GSAP teams will also represent the SSFA playing games on a weekly basis (with players playing only for the SSFA GSAP teams)
• The SSFA will also augment the WPL and GSAP programs with the SSFA Girls Academy – a skill based training program that follows the FFA National Curriculum and is part of the FFA/ FNSW pathway for talented players.
Trial dates have not yet been set by FNSW, however they are expected to be conducted in late October / early November 2019
Details of exact dates and times of trials will be updated on the website as soon as the Leagues are announced by FNSW (schedule for late September at the earliest).
Players interested in trialling are required to complete (and submit) the below to Register their attendance at the trials. On line registration is COMPULSORY to participate in the trials.
Note that Players trialling/selected for the Academy program and the GSAP will be required to meet residential and/or player eligibility requirements as stipulated by FNSW and the SSFA (as noted below).
The SSFA will be conducting programs in the following Age Groups:
• U9 Girls Academy
• U10 Girls GSAP & Academy
• U11 Girls GSAP & Academy
• U12 Girls GSAP & Academy
• U13 Girls GSAP & Academy
• U14 Girls WPL & Academy
• U15 Girls WPL & Academy
• U17 Girls WPL
• First and Reserve Grade WPL (Opens)
Eligibility Criteria for the SSFA GSAP are as follows:
• Players must reside within the Sutherland Shire to participate.
• Players must be turning the age of the SSFA GSAP team in which they are participating (as determined by the age the player turns in 2020).
• Players selected in the GSAP will not be permitted to register or play with a local club.
Eligibility Criteria for the SSFA Academy are as follows:
• Players must return to and maintain registration at their 2019 club in 2020 if that Club has an A or B Grade team in that Players Age Group or if they played in an older age group and have an A or B Grade team in that Older Age Group.
• The player must be registered with an SSFA club whilst participating in the SSFA Academy.
• The player must meet current eligibility rules for Registration (in accordance with SSFA Rule 4.D) at the time of trialling.
• Age restrictions do apply for Academy participation. That is, players must be turning the age of the SSFA Academy in which they are participating (as determined by the age the player turns in 2020) – the age group they play in on the weekend is not relevant.
Failure to meet these guidelines will result in a loss of GSAP or Academy place.
Details of Coaches appointed to the Womens Premier League (WPL) teams and the
GSAP will be advised subsequent to the SSFA coach application process being finalised.
Trial Dates & Times
Specific times and dates for each age group are as advised on the SSFA website (www.shirefootball.com) or https://shirefootball.com.au/ssfa-womens-girls-wpl-gsap-and-academy-trial-dates-2/
Players must attend all ‘open trials’ in order to maximize exposure to the selectors.
The below form must be completed to be eligible for consideration for selection