#PlayinPurple 2021 SSFA Clubs supporting Pancreatic Cancer Campaign
This year the SSFA Clubs will again be supporting a very important initiative called #PlayinPurple.
This campaign aims to raise awareness and funds for pancreatic cancer, which is on track to become the third most common cancer killer in Australia this year.
Isabella Di Manno started the “Purple Socks” campaign in 2015 when her fiancé’s mother was battling the disease, and has seen it grow from 300 participants to over 3500 nationally in 2019. “This is the 6th year that the campaign has been running, and continues to grow from strength to strength. It’s amazing to see the participation, from players of all ages passionately getting involved.
#PlayinPurple 2021 runs on two weekends in June (12/13 or 19/20 clubs choose their round to play in purple socks)
- All players, clubs and codes are encouraged to participate Australia wide, with a simple change of your local club socks to purple socks for one weekend!
- The PanKind purple socks are $15 per pair and the funds raised will go toward pancreatic cancer research and patient support
- We have reinvented the purple sock design this year to bring new excitement to the campaign
- A #PlayinPurple participation pack including a social media guide is provided to all clubs and teams. Campaign hashtags #playinpurple #pancreaticcancer @pankindfoundation
- Socks can be ordered through the online store https://fcw.com.au/shop-product/pankind-foundation-socks/
- Clubs and associations are able to make a direct donation to PanKind https://playinpurple.raisely.com/
Our website is also a source of information and the primary link: https://pankind.org.au/take-action/playinpurple/